According to Ayurveda, taking honey is an excellent home remedy for obesity. It helps mobilize the extra fat, moves it into circulation to be utilized as energy for normal functions.
Honey and Lemon Juice Drink
Take 1 glass of warm water and add 1 tea spoon of honey and lemon juice. Mix well and drink in the morning on an empty stomach.
Black Pepper and Honey
Take 1 cup of water, add 3 tea spoon of lemon juice, a pinch of powdered black pepper. Then add 1 tea spoon of honey. Make sure you mix the ingredients well. Drink 2 times every day for 1-2 months.
Take 2 table spoon of Triphala powder, mix it in 500 ml water. Heat for 5 min. Strain the liquid. You may add honey to taste. Drink this 2 times every day.
Spiced Rice Water
– Cumin seeds
– Dry Ginger powder
– Pepper powder
– Long pepper powder
- How to Prepare:
- Take equal quantities of cumin seeds, dry ginger powder, pepper powder and long pepper powder spices and grind them to a coarse powder.
- Cook 1/4 teaspoon of this powder with two tablespoons of rice in one big glass of water. Decant the liquid portion of this preparation add a pinch of salt to it. This can be used instead of soups.
Other Ayurvedic Recommendations for Reducing Obesity
– Eat 2 ripe tomatoes first thing in the morning
– Have a bowl of cabbage once every day. Cabbage contains tartaric acid, which restricts the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat.
– Drink mint tea or make a paste of green mint with some simple spices and eat during meals.
– Vegetables such as bitter gourd and drumsticks control obesity.
This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. Statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding in supplements or making any changes in your diet. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.