Did you know that certain spots on your fingers and palm can spare you from visiting doctors or buying expensive drugs so often?
Jin Shin Jyutsu Physio-Philosophy is an ancient Japanese art of harmonizing the life energy in the body.
Once your energy has been harmonized, you will enjoy physical, spiritual, mental and emotional health!
According to this tradition, each part of the hand is connected to different emotions or organs as follows:
Worry, emotional pain, sadness, grief, depression, anxiety, stress, tension, stomach issues, skin conditions and headaches.
Mental confusion, fear, frustration, back ache, gum issues, digestive problems, kidney and bladder.
Resentment, anger, rage, irritability, indecisiveness, relationships, headaches, fatigue, cramps and circulation.
Preoccupation, anxiety, fear of rejection, negativity, skin conditions, digestion, respiratory problems, lungs and intestines.
Family, low self-esteem, insecurity, nervousness, blood pressure, sore throat, bloating, heart, and intestines too.
Depression, fatigue, despondency and diaphragm.
In a study conducted at Markey Cancer Center patients suffering from different types of cancers at different stages felt positive effects while going through this touch therapy, including reduced stress and nausea after each of their sessions. Also, many patients reported they had fallen asleep easier while holding their thumb, without the previous tossing and turning. Maybe this is why babies and toddlers are so fond of sucking their thumb?
Here’s a simple hand exercise that takes barely five minutes, but its effects go on much longer:
- While concentrating on whatever emotion or ailment in need of attention, hold the finger with the opposite hand wrapping all the fingers and thumb around the particular finger being worked on. Inhale and exhale deeply.
- Hold each finger for approximately 1 to 2 minutes, and within a short time, a pulsating sensation will be felt. This is perfectly natural.
- When working on the palm of the hand for mental calmness, press down with the thumb of the opposite hand, angling towards the middle finger and again hold for 1 to 2 minutes. When pressed, the palm of the hand can offer full body nourishment balance.
- Inhale, breathing in calm and peaceful thoughts and feelings and then exhale letting go of any emotional attachment or physical discomfort that you wish to get rid of.
- While letting go of the emotional or physical tension, imagine bad feelings and pains draining out of the fingers and into the earth.
As energy channels run through the fingers and correlate with specific emotions or organs, the energy will begin to distribute as the exercise is practiced. For a full body balance and harmonization repeat the exercise on every finger and hold the pressure for a little longer.
Our readers’ comments say this about this ancient gentle-pressure technique:
“It promotes pain relief, it induces relaxation, it reduces the effects of stress, it enhances sleep, it decreases anxiety, it increases circulation, it improves concentration, it reduces fatigue, it enhances the immune system, it improves the condition of skin, it promotes regeneration, it improves circulation and breathing, it detoxifies and much more.”
This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. Statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding in supplements or making any changes in your diet. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.