How is it possible that researchers have uncovered dozens and dozens of health benefits of green tea, yet most people still rarely or never drink this super beverage?
If you knew that there was a drink that could boost your metabolism, help you lose weight, reduce your risk of cancer, and regulate your sleep schedule, wouldn’t you take advantage?
Matcha gives you all the health benefits of green tea that you love in a more concentrated form. You can use this green powder to make all sorts of food and drinks, even desserts! Find out more about the health benefits of matcha, how it can help you lose weight, and what recipes you have to try.
Benefits of Matcha
Matcha is simply the concentrated form of green tea, which means that there are more nutrients in a little spoonful of powder than in several cups of green tea.
The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine has thoroughly studied the nutrients and benefits of green tea. Early studies found that green tea improves cardiac health, strengthens veins, and offers anti-aging benefits. Later studies showed that green tea consumption can lower your cancer risk, thanks to the high antioxidant levels.
– 1st Recipe: Matcha Truffles
There’s nothing quite as rewarding as sinking your teeth into a creamy truffle. But honestly, why load up on artificial flavors and unhealthy fats when you could enjoy a matcha truffle instead?
- Use a hand mixer to blend the following ingredients together; blend until the mixture is fluffy:
- 1 cup chilled coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Allow the mixture to harden for one hour in the refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 cup of finely shredded coconut with 1 tablespoon of matcha powder.
- Use your hands to roll the truffle mixture into balls and coat them in the powder mixture. Chill until completely hardened.
2nd Recipe: Matcha Protein Smoothie
This delicious smoothie can superpower your workout and boost your fat burn. Just add the following ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth:
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup sweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 whole banana
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- fresh vanilla bean
3rd Recipe: Matcha Mochi Pops
If you enjoy frozen treats, this matcha pop is the perfect way to cool down. Start by whisking together these ingredients:
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- a pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons macha powder
Once the mixture has been whisked to the point of smoothness, add 1 cup of matcha bits. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until completely hard.
4th Recipe: Matcha Iced Tea
This matcha drink recipe is refreshing and crisp. Add these ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shaker until mixed:
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons matcha
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1 sliced lime
- 1 handful of mint
Pour into your glass and garnish with extra mint and lime.
This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. Statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding in supplements or making any changes in your diet. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.