Natural way! Young or old, we all love our hair.
Hair health is very important thing in our life because from it depends our personality. Hair fall, damage, dandruff are few of the common hair problems faced by all.
Earlier hair fall used to be a sign of ageing. The ever-rising pollution, hectic lifestyle and never-ending work stress paves way for hair fall.
It happen that there is important factor that we mostly ignore. From a long time ago, only women took better care of their hair. We moved away from natural remedies to chemical treatments looking for instant results. Instant results is not the right solution for healthy hair. We have seen and understood that with time. It is time to bring back the age old solutions! Before that a small brief into the cycle of hair growth.
Hair Growth Cycle:
Each strand of our hair goes through three stages in its entire life cycle:
- The Anagen stage – A phase when the growth in hair is actually seen. The follicle divides and contributes to the lengthening.
- The Catagen stage – This is more of a transitional phase. Here the hair growth stops and the shaft of the hair is pushed up closer to the surface as the follicle shrinks.
- The Telogen phase – This is the resting phase which lasts for about 2-4 months. Once this phase is over, the hair sheds on its own accord.
These cycles are very much active like every other body functions when we are young. The problem starts during the middle age, around 30 years or more. Our hair growth starts slowing down due to the hormonal imbalances, improper diet and excessive stress.
Home Remedies For Hair Growth:
Have you asked yourself how to grow new hair naturally? There are many advantages of going natural with hair care. The most important being the fact that it works and it is inexpensive. It’s like having the cake and the cherry at the same time!
We will show you 11 of the most powerful remedies from nature that deliver great results. We have split this list into 4 categories of Kitchen remedies, essential oils and dietary needs for better clarity.
Effective Home Remedies for Hair Growth:
1. Onion Juice:
This is the oldest and the most efficient home remedy for hair growth. Onion juice is rich in sulphur that boosts collagen production in the tissues and helps in re-growth of hair.
- Use red onions or shallots
- Chop it into small pieces
- Squeeze out its juice.
- Now apply it on your scalp carefully and keep for 15 minutes.
- Finally rinse off with a mild shampoo.
Onion’s high sulfur content helps boost collagen production, thereby promoting hair growth.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar:
The vinegar gently cleanses the scalp and maintains the PH balance of the hair accelerating hair growth.
- Wash your hair
- Use apple cider vinegar as a final rinse after washing your hair to get healthy and shiny hair.
- For 1 litre of solution – mix 75ml of apple cider vinegar to one litre of water
- You may store this entirely or make it smaller batches.
- For smaller quantities, take 15 ml of apple cider vinegar and add it to a cup of warm filtered water
- After washing your hair, using this cup of water as the final rinse.
Apple cider vinegar maintains the pH balance of the hair, and hence helps in hair growth.
3. Egg Mask:
This home remedy is found to be a part of the many cultures all over the world with different variations. It contains high levels of proteins which help in the formation of new hair. It is also rich in sulphur, zinc, iron, selenium, phosphorous and iodine.
- Take the white of one egg
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and honey to it
- Mix it all well to form a smooth paste
- Apply it all over your hair carefully and leave it for 20 minutes
- Rinse with cool water and shampoo it off.
The high protein content makes eggs one of the best ingredients that promote hair growth.
[ Read Also: Egg For Hair Growth ]
This is another widely used home remedy for treating hair fall. Fenugreek accelerates hair growth and protects the natural colour of your hair.
- Take 1 teaspoon of the fenugreek paste
- Add 2 teaspoons of coconut milk to it
- Apply it all over your hair and scalp
- Leave it on for 30 minutes
- Wash off with a mild shampoo
Fenugreek solves two purposes; it promotes hair growth and also protects the natural colour of your hair.
5. Potato Juice:
This is a secret home remedy. Most people are not familiar with the hair growth properties of potato juice. Potato is rich in Vitamin A, B and C. These are essential for healthy hair. This can be used even if you are suffering from alopecia i.e. thinning of hair.
- Place potato in an extractor for juicing
- Apply the potato juice on the scalp
- Leave it on for 15 minutes
- Wash off using mild shampoo
Potato is rich in vitamins A, B and C, all of which are essential for healthy and strong hair.
6. Henna Pack:
Most people know as a natural conditioner. It is also good for hair growth. It transforms dull and dry hair to smooth and shiny hair and adds color too. It promotes hair growth by strengthening the roots of your hair.
- Make a pack by mixing 1 cup of dry henna powder with ½ cup of yoghurt
- Apply it all over your hair from root to tip.
- Leave the pack until it dries off completely
- Wash off with a mild shampoo
Also henna acts as a natural conditioner and also strengthens the roots of your hair.
7. Cayenne pepper:
It stimulates hair growth and prevents thinning of hair. It has a chemical in it known as Capsaicin. This ingredient when applied on the scalp causes the nerves to activate and increase the blood flow to the scalp. This results in increased absorption of nutrients and better hair growth.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of pepper powder with 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Apply it on the scalp where thinning is more prominent
- Wash off with cool water
The presence of a chemical named capsaicin makes cayenne pepper ideal for promoting hair growth. Capsaicin activates the nerves and increases the blood flow to the scalp.
8. Coconut Milk:
Very rich with iron, potassium and essential fats. It reduces hair fall and breakage.
- Extract the milk of a coconut
- Apply it on the targeted areas
- Keep it overnight
- Rinse off with cool water the next day
Rich in proteins, iron and other essential nutrients, coconut milk promotes hair growth and prevents breakage.
9. Green Tea:
Green tea is rich in antioxidants, and these antioxidants prevent hair loss and boost hair growth.
- Apply warm green tea all over your scalp
- Leave it for an hour
- Rinse off with cool water
Green tea is known for its high content of antioxidants, the substances required for healthy and strong hair.
10. Indian gooseberry (amla):
This is the powerhouse of antioxidants and vitamin C. Amla promotes healthy hair growth and also improves the pigmentation of the hair.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of amla powder or juice with 2 teaspoons of lime juice
- Apply this on your scalp properly and let it dry
- Now rinse it well with warm water
Amla is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, two vital nutrients that strengthen hair and also improve hair pigmentation.
11. Cumin Seeds:
This seeds are contain about 100’s of nutrients and vitamins that are great for replenishing your hair.
- Soak cumin seeds in olive oil or castor oil
- Let it soak overnight
- The next morning, apply it to the targeted areas
- Wash after 15 minutes with a mild shampoo
Cumin seeds have numerous nutrients essential for healthy and shining hair.