Lot of famous people swear by the alkaline diet and claim that it is responsible for their health and youthful appearance.
Idea of this is highly acidic foods cause disease and inflammation, and that needs to be changed with the base or alkaline food.
“To be healthy, beautiful, energetic and to lose weight, you should know that the causes of disease and obesity are acid and inflammation,” are the words of the nutritionist and chiropractor Dr. Daryl Gioffre, who has advised numerous Hollywood stars.
According to Dr. Gioffre, he has managed to lose over 20 pounds and to get free of the dependence on sugar thanks to this type of diet. Now 80 percent of the time he eats like that, and says he has more energy than when he was in the twenties, although he is now in his forties.
“I run a triathlon and ultra-marathon. I cannot remember the last time I was sick“ he says.
The principle that he proposes is simple, but strict: you need to get dairy products out of your diet maybe just for a while. The same goes for alcohol, meat, coffee, sugar and gluten. Instead, he suggests a diet rich in green leafy vegetables and other “basic foodstuffs”. It should be avoided a lot of fruit too, because according to the principles of the alkaline diet sugar is sugar, in whatever form it comes.
One of the misconceptions is that this diet changes the pH of the blood. However, this is not possible because your body strictly regulates the pH value and nutrition can affect it. On the other hand, if you eat too much acidic foods, says Dr. Gioffre, the body will maintain the same pH level at the expense of the health of bones and heart, as it will pull alkaline minerals from their own resources!
It is recommended that after a week-long observance of entering exclusively alkaline foods, keep a similar regime and that at least 60-70 per cent of your diet for life are just basic foods.
“People think that a healthy lifestyle includes the elimination of all the foods you love. This is not true. You should enjoy the process, to appreciate health“ he says.
What to eat?
Eat this if you want to alkalize your diet:
- Brussels sprouts
- Cabbage, sauerkraut
- Oriental mushrooms shitake, maitake,
- Mushrooms like oyster mushrooms and champignons
- Seaweed such as nori, kombu, wakame
- flaxseed oil
- Soy and soy products
- Soybean sprouts
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Green beans
- Lemons and limes
- Olives and olive oil
- Green peas
- Wild rice
- Sesame seeds, tahini – sesame seed paste
Food you should be cautious with:
- Acid reaction of the body is most likely to be caused by proteins, mostly those of animal origin, and it is considered that for every excess 10 g protein we consume – we lose 100 mg of calcium urinate. Therefore, do not overdo the intake of protein.
- Carbonated beverages, because they are very rich in phosphorus, a mineral that causes loss of calcium when taken in large quantities.
- No more than three cups of coffee per day, for coffee causes acidity in the body and even some of the statistics show that drinking coffee too often, more than three cups a day could increase the occurrence of osteoporosis by as much as 82 percent.
- Refined foods such as white bread, cakes and puff pastry cause acidity in the body and forcing calcium out of the bones to cancel an acid reaction in the body.
- Be careful with dark teas as well.
- Minimize intake of fatty foods.
- Smoking and drinking coffee are two “friendly” associated habits that together create the acidity of the body.
This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. Statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding in supplements or making any changes in your diet. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
Stay On the Healthy Path