Thanks to nutrient-packed lemons and cucumbers in this healthy beverage, you will get a super-dose of antioxidants with the addition of matcha – a finely-milled Japanese green tea.
Just one cup of health-promoting matcha has as many antioxidants as 10 cups of regular green tea.
This ingredient have 20 times more antioxidants than pomegranates or blueberries, and is said to be a more powerful detoxifier than other green teas because of its high chlorophyll content.
Matcha Cucumber Lemonade Recipe
You will get very healthy beverage from this recipe, it is only 117 calories and it will take 20 minutes to make it.
What do you need (ingredients):
- 2 Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2 cups cold water
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup blue agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup ice (plus more for serving)
How to make it (preparation):
- In a blender, puree the cucumbers and mint leaves until just chunky.
- In a large pitcher, combine the water, lemon juice, agave and matcha powder. Add the lemon mixture to the puree and blend until very smooth. Return to the pitcher.
- Serve in ice-filled glasses with mint and cucumber garnishes.
This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. Statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding in supplements or making any changes in your diet. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.