Okra, commonly known as Lady’s finger, is a vegetable that originates from the tropical and temperate regions of the world.
The pods that are hand-picked from the okra have been used in domestic medicine for years, due to their healing properties and a wide range of applications.
If you’re interested in using okra to improve your health, read through the list below.
Find out what exactly can Okra do for you:
What is it good for:
- Okra is great when it comes to skin treatments. You can use okra to eliminate acne, psoriasis, or any signs of damage to your skin tissue.
- Okra is used for treating genital diseases, like gonorrhea, syphilis, or excessive menstrual bleedings.
- Okra will improve your digestion because it is rich in fibers. It is also very useful in treating ulcers. The fibers are also very effective in treating constipation because they help your intestines remain lubricated, improve the stool, bind toxins, and assist the water-assimilation process.
- Due to its fiber content, okra can also help you lose weight because it will suppress your appetite and decrease the amount of food you eat.
- Okra will vastly improve your immunity due to the concentrations of Vitamin C, antioxidants, iron, manganese, and calcium it contains.
- Regular use of okra is a great preventive measure against osteoporosis, because it contains high concentrations of vitamin K- the vitamin that is vital to the strength and healthiness of your bones.
- Okra is great for people suffering from diabetes because it contains Eugenol – the fiber that regulates the amount of sugar ingestion in the intestines, thus balancing the glucose levels in your organism.
- Okra can clean up your intestines, thus lowering your chances of getting colon cancer. Okra also eliminates free radicals that lower your immunity and aid in cancer development.
- Okra is full of nutritional goodies. It contains high concentrations of proteins, as well as various amino acids, the most prominent one being cystine – an amino acid which is vital to many health-preserving processes in your body.
- Okra is great for treating and relieving asthma due to its potent anti-inflammatory properties, as well as its vitamin C and antioxidant content. For the same reasons, okra can be used for treating and relieving other respiratory problems as well.
- Okra can be very helpful for pregnant women because it positively affects the development of the fetus, while it can also ward off fetal tube defects.
- Okra is great for the prevention of atherosclerosis, because it can reduce the levels of your bad
- Okra will also keep your blood vessels healthy and strong.
- Okra is very useful for people suffering from anemia because it stimulates red blood cell production.
- Okra is great for treating tiredness and sun strokes.
- Okra can be used to treat hair problems, like lice, dandruff, and scalp irritations.
- Okra boosts the production of essential probiotics, the most important of which is the Vitamin B complex.
This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. Statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding in supplements or making any changes in your diet. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
Choose Healthy Life