Cabbage has many health benefits extends to all kinds of leafy veggie.
Various studies have shown that the cabbage can reduce the risk of developing a range of illnesses, from diabetes to heart disease.
Miracles cabbage overcome possible preventive purposes to include some practical applications for things such as minor wounds and digestion.
Cabbage can be used to relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
A University of Missouri study found a connection between the apigenin, a flavonoid found in cabbage having anti-inflammatory properties. For smaller sources of pain, lining can be made of cabbage as follows:
- Wash and dry a few leaves of cabbage.
- Apply to clean, dry leaves on the affected area or painful.
- Keep leaves in place with either a bandage or patch.
- Put the cabbage in overnight.
- Change the lining day.
Note: All kinds of cabbage can be used, although the red tend to be more efficient.
Reduction in risk of heart disease
Anthocyanin, a water-soluble pigment in red cabbage is associated with a reduction of inflammation. Elevated levels of polyphenols in cabbage are also associated with a decrease in blood pressure which can help maintain heart health. For the prevention of heart disease, consider:
- Keeping raw cabbage as close as possible to preserve nutrients
- Using cabbage in salads instead of salad
- Taking 2 tablespoons of cooked cabbage
- daily drinking 1 cup cabbage juice daily
The fermented form as sauerkraut and kimchi, cabbage can play a role in digestive health. Probiotics in the form of cabbage increases the absorption of vitamins and minerals. The enzymes in fermented foods also help push things along in the digestive tract.
For questions digestion and stomach, cabbage can be:
Consumed in raw form, alone or in your favorite recipes to reduce constipation
- Received as cabbage juice concentrate in capsule form to treat ulcers
- consumed as cabbage juice (from green or white cabbage) between meals to combat diarrhea
Type 2 Diabetes
The American Diabetes Association notes that cabbage can naturally slow down the absorption of sugar for individuals or susceptible to developing diabetes or those who are already living with type 2 diabetes, the most common form of diabetes. The high fiber content in cabbage helps absorb excess glucose. To manage diabetes, to consider:
- Have a cabbage as a side dish at least 3 times a week
- Cabbage juice alcohol at least twice a day
- Keeping cabbage cooked form, with a little lemon flavoring
Facilitating wound healing
One of the unique attributes of cabbage is its ability to facilitate wound healing. For the purpose of wound healing, cabbage was prepared in the following manner:
- Wash and dry the green cabbage absence.
- Align the leaves and cut the leaves on the appropriate size.
Note: The leaves will need to be changed every few hours or so in the first and then every 4-5 hours.
Fresh cabbage leaves can absorb manure from ingrown toenails
- Tie a few leaves in place or keep them in place with a large bandage.
- Leave the leaves on the affected area overnight.
- Change the leaves daily to the affected area heals.
An amazing thing cabbage is its versatility, either alone or as part of a mixture. One cabbage regarding the treatment of eczema, for example, includes a mixture of cabbage with dried blueberries, chamomile tea and watercress that is applied directly to the skin. Although not a miracle “cure-all” or a substitute for other medical treatments, cabbage is common with many surprising healing and preventive properties.
This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. Statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding in supplements or making any changes in your diet. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
Healthy Life Planet