Cholesterol in small quantities is necessary for the body to function properly, but the liver is able to synthesize about 1,000 mg of cholesterol a day, which is all the body needs.
However, because cholesterol is found in animal products- meat, fish, shellfish, egg yolks, and dairy products-people also get cholesterol through their diet, and too much cholesterol can be harmful.
High cholesterol can be inherited, but it’s often the result of unhealthy lifestyle choices, and thus preventable and treatable.
A healthy diet, regular exercise and sometimes medication can go a long way toward reducing high cholesterol.
High cholesterol has no symptoms.
A blood test is the only way to detect high cholesterol.
It can cause atherosclerosis, a dangerous accumulation of cholesterol and other deposits on the walls of your arteries.
These deposits (plaques) can reduce blood flow through your arteries, which can cause complications, such as: chest pain, heart attack or stroke.
Try to regulate their levels in the blood with the help of this homemade green drink.
What do you need (ingredients):
- 1 kg of lemons
- 100-120 sprigs of parsley with leaves
- 3 liters of water
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
How to prepare it (preparation):
- Wash the lemons with cold water, put them in warm water in which you have mixed the baking soda.
- Let it sit for about an hour.
- Wash the parsley and chop it finely.
- Cut the lemons into small pieces with the peel.
- Put the lemon and parsley in a bowl with three liters of water.
- Cook the mixture over low heat until half of the liquid has evaporated. It can take 2-3 hours.
- Let the mixture cool off, strain it and keep it in a glass container.
How to use it (consuming):
It is recommended to take 50 ml of the drink, every day before breakfast.
This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. Statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding in supplements or making any changes in your diet. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
Diet Of Life