When you’re feeling worn out, try giving yourself a boost with some hand reflexology. Here’s a ten-minute reflexology treatment to help you feel more relaxed, healthier and happier.
Get yourself some free time during the day and try to enjoy the ancient art of acupressure, without visiting a specialized in reflexology doctor.
You will be amazed how the use of this art can help you to heal many diseases as well as improving your health conditions such as colds and flu!
In this article, we will give you some reflexology tips on how to give yourself a hand massage on certain points of your left hand to heal a sore throat, cough and runny nose (nasal secretion).
Unlike acupuncture, which involves the use of special needles that stick into certain key points of the body to treat various health conditions, acupressure covers the entire body by simply applying pressure at certain points on the body with a stimulating effect on the entire body. And you can do everything by yourself! Read below how!
Reflexology of the hand (method 1):
- Loosen your hands up. Shake them out, wriggle your fingers about.
- Place the thumb of one hand on the opposite palm with your nail pointing towards your little finger.
- Work up from the heel of your hand up and over the top of your little finger, using tiny caterpillar-like movements and applying light pressure with the top of your thumb. Repeat with medium pressure and then once more with quite strong pressure.
- Turn your hand over and, using the same thumb movement, work from the base of the nail down to and over the wrist, again 3 times.
- Repeat this whole sequence four times so that the whole palm and all of the fingers and the thumb have been treated.
Then do the same sequence again on the other hand. This is called zone walking – you’ve just been doing reflexology!
[ Read Also: What is Foot Reflexology? ]
Reflexology of the hand (method 2):
- Sit in a comfortable chair or armchair.
- Breathe deeply and regularly.
- Rub your hands together for about a minute, that will increase your energy and will make them more sensitive to stimulation.
- After what you’ve warmed up, start stimulating your right-hand acupressure point, to cure various health conditions.
- Pressure must be bearable, almost at the point of pain. When pain will intensify, do not stop, try to breathe deeper.
For how long do I have to rub my fingers?
Massage and maintain pressure for 3-4 minutes for each point separately, 2-3 times a day, to achieve the wanted effect!
For cold – do yourself a massage in point No. 8, to stimulate and grow this healing energy in the nose and throat. This type of massage relieves respiratory problems and difficulty swallowing, persistent cough and nasal congestion.
For a sore throat (pharyngitis and laryngitis) – stimulate the top of the thumb, point number 7. This type of massage will relieve a sore throat, hoarseness and other associated symptoms .
For pain in the sinuses – healing sinusitis with corresponding points that are located in the ends of all other fingers, except the thumb, namely paragraph number 9. These points stimulate to relieve sinusitis, headache, dizziness, feeling of pressure in the brain and also stops a runny nose.
Flu – apply pressure point number 1. This will relieve muscle pain, offering relaxation and relieve symptoms associated with influenza.
The rest of the points in the image above are associated with other health conditions that you can also treat in the same conditions, by simply using pressure and massage.
For a stronger effect, massage your delicate skin between the toes, because it stimulates the lymphatic system and eliminates excess fluids and toxins.
How can acupressure help the body?
Acupressure has several effects on the body:
Prevention: regular application of pressure in the main points of the body helps maintain a state of optimal health and help prevent many diseases.
Diagnostic effect: discomfort or pain that occurs during the stimulation of these key points can indicate problems with the function of a certain organ.
Therapeutic effect: systematic and regular stimulation can improve overall health.
The most important benefit of acupressure is its ability to relieve tension, because the pressure on certain points induces a state of relaxation, restoring the body balance.
It improves the general health condition of the body, because massage stimulates the circulation and oxygen flow. Also, using acupressure you can remove any blockage in the flow of life energy, and thus the body can heal itself.
Therefore, try to find some time to satisfy you with this ancient gift. It is simple and does not cost anything, and your body will be more than grateful.